APU 45 is a 2 Component Flexible Polyurethane Coating
- APU 45 is a proven high quality, 2 component, pigmented, Polyurethane coating for smooth flexible floors.
- APU 45 is based on solvent free environmentally friendly technology and offers a great alternative to solvent based coatings. It can be used as a coating direct on to a prepared sub base or in conjunction with APU 40 to create a reduced subsonic noise floor (quiet). By combining APU 45 with APU 40 a quiet and more comfortable floor can be created for demanding areas such as Gyms, Spa Areas, Nurseries and Homes for the elderly.
- With good free-flow and smoothing properties, APU 45 is applicator friendly. The cured coating offers high deformability, flexibility and good resistance to water, salt solutions, diluted bases, acids, mineral oil and also chemicals used in housekeeping as well as common cleansers. Please ask for our technical advice.
- The flexible properties of APU 45 mean it is ideal in situations where there is a need for more flexibility e.g. when coating weak substrates susceptible to deformation like mastic asphalt, reconstituted boards, metal, refurbishment of floors prone to cracking.
- Due to the chemical structure of APU 45 it is not resistant to yellowing. Therefore a sealing top layer using APU 46 is necessary.
- Sealing with APU 46 results in an even, matt surface. The “mirror effect” of gloss coatings is reduced by light dispersion on the surface. This means that the product is ideal for visually demanding areas as it reduces glare and obvious marking.
- The final sealer APU 46 cures by physical drying and chemical cross-linking to a consistent strong film. The resultant surface is a hard, abrasion resistant, photo-stable film with very little tendency to staining. It also has the important added benefit of being very easy to clean. APU 46 is extremely resistant to water based solutions, diluted acids and alkalis as well as engine and fuel oil. The product is very resistant to staining from household chemicals, strongly dyeing foodstuffs and drinks like beer/ale, red wine or coke.
- Solvent Free
- Environmentally friendly
- Abrasion resistant
- Low odour
- Excellent bond strength
- User Friendly easy application
- Noise Reduction
- Comfort under foot
- Areas where noise reduction is required
- Cafeterias, Restaurants, Waiting Areas, Gyms and Leisure Facilities, Show Rooms, Shops and Offices.
- Domestic Kitchens, Bathrooms, Bedrooms and Lounges.
- Substrates requiring a highly flexible coating such as asphalt, wood or mixed substrates susceptible to cracking.
This Product Is Part of the Following Systems:
Fluid Applied Cushioned Flooring System
Fluid Applied Cushioned Flooring System Completely Seamless Sound Absorbing/Deadening ...